Better Workforce Management HR Documentation
If there’s one inescapable fact about being in business in the 21st century it is this: It’s an increasingly digital world. Small and medium-sized enterprises that are holding out from fully embracing the digital tools now available at reasonable prices through many web-based SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications are falling further and further behind. Take a look around your workplace – how many filing cabinets do you have devoted to storing and organizing your paper human resources documents and files? This is something your company can and should change immediately. The good news is that it’s an easy fix with better workforce management HR documentation in the cloud.
Secure Cloud Storage for Better Workforce Management HR Documentation
One of the primary rationalizations for not embracing the paperless office is security. After all, HR documents contain highly sensitive personal information about your employees. This reason for resisting digital solutions simply no longer applies. Any web-based cloud solution for better workforce management HR documentation should include professional-grade security and compliance with any number of schemes such as HIPPA, SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), FERPA and more. In fact, the level of security offered by most solutions is going to be significantly better than keeping paper files in filing cabinets. And you’ll be able to access your company’s files anytime, anywhere, on any device with an Internet connection and web browser, even when you’re on the go.
Saving Time and Money with Better Workforce Management HR Documentation
Time is money in the business world, and a good HR documentation management system will save your company plenty of both. How does it do this? With the following kinds of features:
- Document Workflow. If you have documents that need to pass through multiple authors, reviewers, and approvers, a good HR document management solution automates this workflow once you’ve set it up for different types of documents. This greatly speeds up the process from start to finish because you won’t be relying on physical pieces of paper being passed around and marked up by hand, or confusing email threads where it’s not clear who has done what to any given document.
- Version Control. Keeping everyone on the same page is easy with the kind of version control offered in a good HR document management system, preventing accidental deletions and overwrites.
- Custom Security. Besides keeping your company information secure from outside hackers, the right HR documentation management system also allows you to set controls and permissions for the people who do have access to the system, both in terms of viewing and editing capabilities.
- Powerful Search. The ease with which you can search and find any document in seconds is reason enough to make the switch to a digital HR document management system. The days of rifling through filing cabinets and endless manila folders will soon be a distant, unpleasant memory.
- eSignatures. This is another point of resistance for many organizations who want to see real signatures on pieces of paper. But highly-secure digital signature technologies are available that render this an entirely misplaced rationale.
Additional Benefits of Better Workforce Management HR Documentation
Imagine the physical space that will be freed up in your workplace when you go digital with your HR documentation. How many work-stations could you set up in that now-empty space? And you can pay for additional help with the money you’ll be saving with a digital solution. It’s a win-win all the way around.
There’s also the environmental responsibility angle to consider. Most companies are pretty good about recycling paper, but more eco-friendly choice is to not use paper to begin with, which is only possible with a digital document management system. If reducing negative environmental impacts is important to your company, this is a great way to show the world you’re walking the talk.
Companies that adopt a good system for better workforce management HR documentation can often see positive return on investment (ROI) in a matter of weeks. Is that something your company can afford to ignore? If the time has come for your company to go digital with its HR documentation, take a closer look at CaptureWork, a web-based workforce management solution that also include leave tracking, employee scheduling, time clock functionality, and a learning management system for training. Don’t let another year of 21st century workforce management solutions pass you by!